There are a few things that came to mind when thinking of using pears in cooking, a Popsicle was not one of them – at least not for me. So when I opened up my laptop in the morning and took that first sip of glorious coffee to prepare for what my inbox had to bring, my curiosity was peaked at one subject line in particular: Riesling-Pear Pops from Food & Wine Magazine. Hm… one must check this out. I’m really glad I did. This is a perfect little treat for any occasion. Really quick and easy to prepare, and such a refreshing bite and perfect pairing of pear and wine!
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Riesling
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan to make a simply syrup. Bring up to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled down, add chopped pears and lemon juice to the pan and toss well.
- Puree in food processor or blender until you have a smooth puree
- Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze.
- I run some hot water on the outside of my Popsicle molds to make it easier to pull out the frozen pear and wine mixture.
Source: Food & Wine Riesling-Pear Pops